Have you been injured in a work accident? If so, call David Kremin & Associates, 1-800-ASK-A-LAWYER (1-800-275-2529), email askalawyer@aol.com, or visit us online at 1800askalawyer.com.

Workers’ compensation is designed to reduce the costs of employees to obtain recovery for injuries when they are injured on the job. Each state has its own workers’ compensation program. The level of participation varies, but in Illinois almost every type of employee is covered. Even with this system of compensation for injuries, some accidents involve an additional party, and it may be prudent for an injured employee to also pursue a claim against these parties for additional compensation.

In one instance, a worker may have been injured by a non-worker while performing work-related duties. This is often the case with businesses that require employees to drive or come onto the property of others in the course of their duties, such as with delivery drivers. If such a driver collides with another vehicle on a work-related duty, and the other driver is at fault, it is wise to pursue an additional claim against the auto insurance of the at-fault driver in addition to a workers’ compensation claim. This instance would make the worker a third-party personal injury claimant. If the auto accident occurred in a no-fault state, the worker may be able to recover additional compensation from their own insurance. Pursuing a clam against your own insurance for uninsured or under insured motorist coverage may be relevant as well for a third-party claim.

It is important to report an accident as soon as possible to an employer. Keep up with regular medical treatments. There is also a period of time within which to file a claim against your employer so it is necessary to meet an experienced attorney sooner rather than later.

It may seem like more work and stress but it is worth it to get as much compensation to which you are entitled.

This article is for informational purposes only and is not to be construed as legal advice. Your case may be different. Hiring an attorney immediately will protect your rights. Consult an attorney in your area for further guidance. If you were injured in an accident please call one of our attorneys at David K. Kremin & Associates, and we will give you a free consultation. We never charge unless we collect for you. Please call 1(800) ASK-A-LAWYER or 1(800)275-2529, askalawyer@aol.com, 1800askalawyer.com.

Leave Comment