If your baby or child is injured due to someone else’s negligence you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation on their behalf. As the parent or guardian of an injured baby or child you can make a claim for personal injury compensation on their behalf.
What Constitutes a Child Personal Injury Claim?
If your child has been injured as a result of any of the following circumstances we may be able to help you pursue compensation on their behalf:
- Road Accident as a Passenger
- Road Accident as a Cyclist
- Road Accident as a Pedestrian
- Accident caused by a Dangerous Product
- Accident at School, Nursery or College
- Amusement Park or Funfair Accident
- Lift or Escalator Accidents
- Accident on Holiday
- Accident Abroad
- Slips, Trips or Falls
- Accidents in a Public Place such as a supermarket or restaurant
Children In Vehicle Accidents
Many pedestrian vehicle accidents involve children. There are many reasons for this. Some are noted below:
- Every year thousands of children are killed or serious injured because a driver backing up did not see the child. A back up incident typically takes place when a car backing out of a driveway or parking space;
- Every year thousands of children are killed or serious injured because a driver moving forward very slowly did not see them. These incidents, for the most part, take place in residential driveways or parking lots and are referred to as “front overs”;
- On average many children die in vehicles each year from heat related deaths after being trapped inside motor vehicles. Even the best caregivers can overlook a sleeping baby in a car, and the end result can be injury or even death;
- Power windows in vehicles have killed or injured thousands of children. It takes 22 pounds of force to suffocate or injure an infant while power windows can exert an upward of 30-80 pounds of force;
- Internal trunk release mechanisms are now required in all vehicles with trunks. This resulted in no reported fatality in a trunk of a vehicle with this glow-in-dark release;
- Stories about kids in cars have a tendency to end badly. Each year hundreds of children are hospitalized or even killed after accidentally setting a car into motion;
- There are so many ways children can be injured or killed in or around motor vehicles. There is a very dangerous environment for our children and it is imperative we put in place mechanisms to keep them safe as they are unable to do that for themselves;
- Other dangers resulting from children in cars are:
- Falls from motor vehicles;
- Seat belt strangulation;
- Car theft with a child in the vehicle;
- Carbon monoxide poisoning;
- Underage drivers;
- Kidnapping or abduction; and
- Motor vehicle fire accidents.
How Our Child Injury Lawyers Can Help
If your baby or child has been seriously injured due to the negligence of another, please call the Chicago & Illinois law offices of David Kremin & Associates for a free consultation 24/7 at 1(800) ASK-A-LAWYER or 1(800) 275-2529. Our experienced Chicago child injury lawyers are standing by.